Tuesday, September 13, 2011

FW: eprayer update

Update from Steve Ray:

I'm alive ( at least for a little  longer )  Stanford was able to duplicate the 70.75 mm measurement of my aorta, but they said it was a "shift" in the aorta, not an expansion from the scan of June 2011 measuring 63.64mm. These were done with 2D scanners and Stanford is confirming with the 3D scan. (results @ the end of the week).True this is quite larger than the normal 40.00mm aorta, but does not necessitate an operation with a 30-50% success rate and a 20% paralysis rate. (Need to hook the arteries back up to the spine). The severe pain I experience under my left shoulder is when the shift expands due to elevated blood pressure and abrade my back rib cage. I now have to get a BP cuff to monitor blood pressure. Could have been worse-they prescribe more pills. The worse news they gave me is that I have to go on a diet. Dr Miller said to cut out chocolate, then I reminded him my wife works for Ghiradelli Chocolate. ( That's what maintains this wonderful figure of mine).


No comments: