Sunday, October 6, 2019

Pastor Mohr prayer update Oct 5


 
The text below is from an email sent today by Pastor Mohr's son, Greg. He asked that this be shared with friends at Calvary. - Pastor Matt
I just wanted to give you all an update now that my parents, sister, and I have returned home from Rome. And I'm copying my dad since he's no longer so focused on getting out of the hospital that he doesn't want to read his email. 

He was checked out at Kaiser San Leandro ER today. After about 5 hours of tests and evaluations (ans mostly waiting), he has some medications to take regularly and a follow-up phone call appointment, but the physical therapist (PT) said there's no need for equipment like a walker or for any continuing therapy. He's already able to do all of the things the PT would have him work on. He just needs to take things slow for a while. He can now lift his toes a little, but cannot move his toes individually. The PT said that ability is usually the last to return, so that should come back over time.

So my dad is doing remarkably well given the circumstances and is recovering nicely, if not necessarily as quickly as he'd like. Thank you all for your prayers and for the many offers of assistance, and for passing information around to others who know my dad but with whom we could not keep in direct contact.

I'll let my dad share any further updates and additional information about his recovery in the future.

In Christ,

- Greg


No comments: