Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

This came the week of Thanksgiving...
Since we are especially focused on 'giving thanks" this week, I would like to offer a prayer of thanks for my parents.  As many know, my mom has battled complications from diabetes for many years.  She had one leg amputated several years ago and now has a skin infection in the remaining foot.  She has been battling a gum infection and has lost several teeth with the chance of having the remaining teeth removed.  Recently,her blood sugar levels have been dropping dramatically and extremely fast.  She cannot feel it coming on, it happens so fast.  Two nights ago,my dad woke up during the night and found my mom unconscious in her chair in the living room.  My dad has become an expert in reviving her from low sugar.  This time she was too far gone and he had to call 911.  The paramedics revived her and took her to the hospital for a couple hours to make sure she was stabilized.  This is the second time in about two weeks that my dad has found her this way.  I am so very thankful for my dad and his ability and willingness to care for my mom.  I know it is so scary to not know what he will find when he comes home each day.  I am also thankful that God has His hand on them and guides my dad home or wakes him at just the right moment to be able to revive her. I know that one of these times my dad may not hear the nudges or they may not come, but for now...l give thanks.
Thank you.  Amy Sosa

I thought I would let you all know at the same time I am singing that song "all I want for Christmas is a new right hip"

The old hip has worn out, I got 17 years out of it.  So on December 14 I go under the knife and get a replacement! 

Love Frank Mitchell


No comments: